Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm still kicking :)

Hey Good Peoples,

I am sorry. I have been without a computer since September 2nd, which is why I have not updated my blog. Obviously I don't want to do it at work, and where I am doing it now isn't really that convenient. But I really wanted to do a quick update so people know I am still alive.

I am still enjoying my time in New York and at Blue Sky Studios. But I am not going to sugar coat anything. As cool as this job is (to me anyways), it can also be very stressful at times. The expectations are high, as they should be. But I am hanging in there though, and working my butt off to find ways to become a stronger and faster animator.

Bottom line, I am still happy, and thankful to be surrounded by so many awesome people at work...to share the stress with. :)

Blue Sky has brought in several speakers for us. The latest one was Richard Williams. He is a Canadian animator that is very widely respected throughout the animation world. He was the animation director for the film "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" (1998). Thats just one example of his many credits. He is also very well known for his book, "The Animators Survival Kit". And it truly is a survival kit...trust me, I have the book. :)

Anyways, here's a picture of him with the Blue Sky Animation Department from the day of his visit. I'm in there, peeking in from the back with a smile. :) You can click on it to make it bigger. Thanks to Tom Saville for the photo.

I will TRY to update my blog again soon. My new computer is "supposed" to arrive this week...but who knows. :)

Thank you!

-Sheldon

1 comment:

lightyear8 said...

Hey Man, I didn't know Blue Sky picked you up. That's great!! Congratulations!! Hang in there and keep up the great work.
_Shane

Powered by WebRing.
Powered by TopicCraze.
QuickTime and the QuickTime Logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Get QuickTime Badge is a trademark of Apple Computer Inc., used with permission.