Sunday, March 16, 2008

Encouraging

Hey Everyone!

I finally have a chance to update my progress. I have been pushing really hard lately on this assignment. I only have about 10 days or so left until this class comes to an end. But then I will move on to my next class which will be creating and developing my own mini short film. I emphasize short, as in 30 seconds...hopefully. Adding just a few seconds here or there can easily add days, weeks, or even months of work. So I am going to try and stick with the goal of 30 seconds, as they recommend. For class 6 (the last class) I will then animate the short.

Its been an exciting week at Animation Mentor with a handful of students being hired on at Dreamworks. I get so excited just hearing about others getting hired...I seriously can't even imagine how excited I will be when my dream job comes along. Hopefully more sooner then later.

When I look at the work of the students that are getting hired, its really good...but I'm definitely not as intimidated by it, as I would have been before starting Animation Mentor. I feel that my own skills are getting closer to that same level as every week goes by. I'm not there yet...but I know will be. That feeling is so encouraging for me. I just have to continue to focus on my studies right now, and hopefully one day someone will tap me on the shoulder and say "Hey kid, do you want get paid to do that, or keep working for free?" Ha ha. That's about the time when my excitement goes through the roof!!!

I feel that its also important to note that I would not be where I am at, without everything I learned from the awesome professors and students at California State University, Fullerton.

I leave you with my work in progress on my current assignment.

Thank you for stopping by!

-Sheldon

Click HERE to see!

No comments:

Powered by WebRing.
Powered by TopicCraze.
QuickTime and the QuickTime Logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Get QuickTime Badge is a trademark of Apple Computer Inc., used with permission.