Sunday, January 27, 2008

Half done Animation Mentor!! Whoo-hoo!!!

Hello Good People,

It is TIME to breath some life back into this blog. **breath-breath**....alright that should do it, here we go!

First off...I completed Class 3 before Christmas, and learned so much from my super duper talented mentor and classmates. So, here is my final Class 3 Reel.

CLICK HERE




I am now in Class 4 which is titled "Advanced Acting." I have cool mentor by the name of Scott Carroll. He is currently a character animator at Blue Sky Studios in New York. (Sweet!!) ...**breath-breath**...that was for me. So, Scott is currently working on the movie "Horton Hears a Who"...which is a Dr. Seuss Story. Its coming to theatres near you, March 14th. Heres a link to the trailer if you haven't seen it already, "Horton Hears a Who". Take a look...its really quite beautiful...if I can use that word.

Other films Scott has worked on are:

Ice Age: The Meltdown (Blue Sky Studios)
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (Lucasfilm)
Van Helsing (Universal Pictures)

Along with Scott, I have a really energetic and talented group of classmates. There are 2 other students in Canada, 9 from across the USA, and 1 from Brazil. Its going to be another great term.

So, we continued to refine our shot from the last class by adding in some facial animation. Facial animation is crazy stuff I tell you. Maybe in my next post I will do a simple little explanation of some of the smallest details, a feature animator pays attention too in the face. They are details sooooo small...that I believe it would really test, if you love animating or not. These details make me excited...so I think I'm ok. =)

It still needs work...but here it is for now.

CLICK HERE





Over the last few weeks, we have been doing face posing exercises. We were required to find some pictures of faces, and recreate the same feeling of expression with our 3D character, Bishop.

Here's what I came up with. Click on the picture to make it bigger if you like.



I have no idea who those people are...but thank you.

As you can tell, I did this blog post a little differently from other times. Instead of having my videos load directly on my blog...I now put a picture, and a "Click HERE" link. That way my blog will hopefully load up much faster each time someone visits it. And if you don't understand the technical part of what I just said...no worries. You're doing great, and thank you once again for stopping by my blog.

-Sheldon

1 comment:

Mike Nassar said...

sheldon! what up buddy.
your dialouge animation came is coming out great. well done expression studies as well.

glad to see you so pumped about animation man. Hope to catch you around sometime in the future man. take care and have a great one buddy. I'll be by your blog again soon, provided that it doesn't keep making my firefox browser crash :)

Powered by WebRing.
Powered by TopicCraze.
QuickTime and the QuickTime Logo are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The Get QuickTime Badge is a trademark of Apple Computer Inc., used with permission.